Investigators have nailed down he cause of a weekend fire that damaged several businesses at a Seekonk strip mall.
The state fire marshal determined that a space heater sparked the flames, according to the Seekonk Fire Department.
The three-alarm fire broke out at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday at the shopping plaza along Route 6. Fire Chief Michael Healey believes it started at the Bead and Wire store.
Some of the businesses sustained smoke damage and will be closed temporarily, while others were significantly damaged by the flames.