Fire officials say fireworks are to blame for causing a three-alarm fire that broke out at a multi-family home in Pawtucket over Memorial Day Weekend.
Firefighters were called to the scene of the three-alarm blaze on Central Avenue shortly before midnight Sunday. Crews were able to quickly knock down the flames, but 11 residents were ultimately displaced. No injuries were reported.
Legislation in Rhode Island permits residents to use grand and hand-held sparkling devices. Aerial fireworks, firecrackers and sky or bottle rockets are illegal to use in the state.
Residents found to be in possession of illegal fireworks face a fine between $100 and $500.