East Providence police and the Rhode Island State Fire Marshal's Office are offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the conviction of whoever was responsible for two arson fires last month.
Det. Lt. Raymond Blinn says both of the fires were started around 2:15 a.m. on July 25.
The first blaze was reported at a home on Earl Avenue by a neighbor. Blinn says the fire was started in a truck and then spread to a boat and garage.
While firefighters were extinguishing the first fire, the same resident who called it in reported that his own car was on fire across the street.